MD070SD adopts 8080 timing sequence with 16-bit parallel bus interface, resolution of 800 × 480, display panel with 16M colour and integrated with 8-page video memory (the remaining memory could be used as extended memory). The interior of module utilizes CPLD + SDRAM mode to drive RGB interface display, which does not only realize conversion between the bus interface and RGB interface, but also provides a range of useful features.
With regard to stability, the module is equipped with great anti-interference capability, which is far more powerful than the drive solution SSD1963 on the market, as anti-interference ability of SSD1963 is poor with risk of crashing and white screen.
As to functions, the module provides 8-page video memory which can achieve data writing on the background, a command is enough to switch to full-screen display of data instantly, which is far more functional than drive solution RA8875on the market.
Concerning control, as MD070SD does not need to be initialized, and a resetting operation is enough to make it work, thus those boring initialization codes which general TFT controllers require can be saved. A minimum of five register commands will be enough to make it operate normally, which greatly simplifies the codes and reduces the difficulty of debugging and probability of error.
The control board responds very fast, which can achieve reading and writing cycle up to 200ns and the highest full-screen refreshing speed of 13 frames. The integrated 8MB SDRAM corresponds to 8-page display buffer. The display page register and reading and writing page register are set up independently, and the current display page and reading and writing page can be different pages to facilitate the achievement of full-page fast switching after being written on the background.
TFT drive timing sequence and circuit design have been optimized to ensure accurate colour recovery, stable display, to eliminate flickering or cross colours, and to provide LED backlight drive thus brightness can be regulated from 0 (closed) to 16 (full).
- 2nd Generation CPLD+SDRAM Solution No More Page Flipping Effect
- 7.0" TFT LCD Module, Resolution 800x480, 2nd Generation CPLD+SDRAM solution
- Far More powerful than SSD1963 controller
- LCD Type: TFT Transmissive Normal White
- Interface: 16bit parallel bus interface
- PCB Color: Blue
- On board 400mA DC-DC Boost regulator to provide power supply to LCD backlight
- Module dimension: 186mmx106mmx23mm(including pin header extrusion)
- Active Area: 154mmx86mm
- Pixel pitch: 0.179mmx0.179mm
- Standard 2x20 2.54mm pin header for connection to MCU/development board
- Module weight: 350grams
- 1x CPLD SDRAM 7 inch LCD Display